Friday, July 25, 2014

Welcome and Hello



Hello there! I'm Julia, a Virginian high schooler with big dreams - luggage included. I like peanut butter and thunderstorms, and the excitement and thrill only an airport and promised adventures can bring!

This blog will be my travel journal, my time capsule of memories and hopefully, a place to meet some new travel buddies. 


Welcome to Nomad in Heels!



A little about me:


1.) As of now, I've never been outside the United States. (I know, laaame)


2.) I LOVE to travel, (If that wasn't obvious) but my family doesn't travel often. Perhaps once every 2-3 years...


3.) I plan on financing all my own trips. Even the transcontinental ones. 


Why? Because this is something I've always wanted. To think that earned my dream, made this happen because I didn't give up, I'm in complete control of my journey now; it's an amazing feeling. 


I'll be earning my travel money through part-time jobs and generous donations from my family. NOTE: My family has never given me straight money for birthdays or Christmas until this past year. I told them of my traveling plans and asked for donations rather than gifts. I'm truly grateful for all their help!


Thanks for sticking around, and I hope you'll follow me on my journeys around the globe!





Photo credit to huffingtonpost.com

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! great blog! Its refreshing and inspiring to see someone so young with such big dreams of traveling :) Be creative and think outside the box ~ you can do it!

    Good luck and safe travels and feel free to ping me for advice/tips or just have a chat! -Ran

    http://anomadinheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That means a lot to me :) I'm working hard with part time jobs to fund my first trip out of the country. Thanks for the support!

      Delete



blogger template by lovebird